At JUMBOmail we take your trust and privacy very seriously and therefore aims to process as little personal data as necessary. You therefore do not have to sign up for an account, nor is there any other kind of log-in procedure obligation for using the free services. In order to use our service and send your file(s), it is indispensable to enter your own email address, add the file(s) you wish to transfer and the email addresses of the recipients. You might also add a personal message for the recipients along with your files. To enable you to use our service, JUMBOmail needs to process this data when sending a file(s). We will principally use your personal data only for sending your file and improving our service. We surely won’t sell it to third or affiliate parties or use it for irritating commercial messages.
JUMBOmail takes every possible reasonable measure to prevent illegal entry into the site and unauthorized information/files from being stored. JUMBOmail will not pass on or provide your personal data to a third party unless obliged to do so by a court order. JUMBOmail will use information about users behavior patterns on the site in order to make improvements to the services, operation and customer interaction.
Some services on JUMBOmail require users to register. During the registration process, users will be required to provide personal information such as name, address, contact information, e-mail or credit card details. Without providing the necessary data in the mandatory fields, users will not be eligible to register for JUMBOmail services. Throughout the registration process, users will only be requested to provide general information. Only while purchasing JumboCodes or subscription to JUMBOmail services, or by using JUMBOpay service, users are prompted to provide credit cards details among other information. Anyway, credit card details are not stored on the JUMBOmail servers and when you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Like many web sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes.
For example, to make your next visit easier, JUMBOmail installs a cookie that remembers your user ID. JUMBOmail furthermore stores your IP-address, country and language settings, browser type and browser version.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the web sites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all the functionality of the Services
If you wish to remove all the cookies that JUMBOmail uses, click on "Delete Cookies" button.
Information we collect
We store some personal information to make your use of our Services possible. There are several ways in which we may collect personal information from you: you may submit it or we will collect it automatically through our Services. Different types of personal information may be collected depending on the way you use our Services and which Services you use.
Personal information you submit
JUMBOmail collects, processes or hosts personal information you provide in the send form or in the registration form.
- Contact information: your name and your email address or the email address of the recipient(s).
- Information about yourself: age, gender, city.
- Preferences: for example, language settings or interests.
- Content and metadata: while uploading files you create Content which contains all sorts meta data information such as filename, size and filetype.
- Personal messages: the ones you send to people along with sharing your files.
Personal information we collect by automated means
JUMBOmail also collects and uses personal information by automated means while you use our Services.
- Browser information: type of browser, language settings, country and time zone.
- Identification details: unique identifiers such as an IDFA (for iOS), MAC address or a UserID.
- Network information: IP-addresses and mobile network information.
- Location data: data on your geo-location based on your IP-address.
- Cookie or web beacon information: cookie IDs and settings and other personal information received through cookies, web beacons or pixel tags.
- Device information: the type of device, hardware model and operating system.
- Service usage: information regarding the way you interact with our Services, websites and mobile apps.
In some cases, we receive personal information from third parties, such as:
- Integration information: you can choose to integrate some of our Services with your account, such as Facebook or Google, in order to enable fast registration or import your contacts.
- Marketing information: some partners may provide additional (aggregated) information, for instance through their Software Developer Kits (SDKs). This may contain demographic or behavioral information in order for us to personalize content, advertisements and offers and to find the right audience for our advertisements.
- Legal Information: when law enforcement agencies or courts order us to take down Content, we may initially receive personal information about you and your behavior.
How and why do we use personal information
We use your personal information in order to provide you our Services and to advertise our Services, to comply with legal obligations, to improve our Services and keep them safe and secure. Please find below how and why we use your personal information.
Activities & purposes
- Service: in order to offer you our Services we must use your personal information, for example to send your Content or share your files and to let you access and view your Content across different devices.
- Support: we provide a wide range of support services to help you out whenever you’re in need, for instance when you need technical assistance. If it’s needed to offer support, the Support-team can, on your request, access your Content in order to help you out.
- Account & billing: creating and upholding your personal account for example to facilitate your address book and to enable you to access your Content across different devices, facilitating payment of your subscription fee and perform accounting, auditing & billing activities.
- Safety, integrity & security: JUMBOmail follows up on abuse reports, fraud investigations and could investigate your compliance with our Terms of Services. Furthermore, we may detect & block suspicious SPAM messages automatically and immediately based on your message text content and files types. In case of detection of Child Sexual Abuse content, fraud or other illegal activities content, we withhold the right to preserve your Content and share it, together with other identifying information, with law enforcement agencies. We could use your personal information for internal control to safeguard our and your safety, integrity and security. For instance, in case of any suspicion of violations of our Terms of Services.
- Improvement & development: we evaluate the use of our Services to improve our Services, fix bugs, develop new products and services. We do this either by market research (for instance by sending out surveys) or by performing analyses (for example by tracking and bringing together your personal information across our Services or across your mobile devices). We do this in order to understand how our user base as a whole interacts with our Services, but also to review the effect of our advertisements and to improve those Services and advertisements accordingly.
- Marketing, advertisement & communication: we use your personal information for marketing and advertising (interest based) for instance by using SDKs or cookies, as well as communication. If you give your consent to be in our news and updates list you may receive emails from us in which we will tell you about updates or our new Services and features on site. We may use your personal information for segments allocation. For instance, people who use similar Services as you, people who share the same characteristics as you or people within a certain geo-location. Based on those segments and based on the way you interact with our services, we may display relevant messages on site with promotions or display you with personalized advertisements of JUMBOmail or our partners.
- Legal: if it will be necessary, we might use your personal information to defend JUMBOmail in legal proceedings in relation to or as a result of your use of our Services, following a court order, abiding by any law, regulation or governmental request, cooperating with law enforcement, cooperating in fraud investigations of third parties, safeguarding national security, defense, public security, and to uphold our Terms of Services.
Each processing activity has a valid legal ground, which is described below.
- Contractual obligations with you: we need to process personal information to offer our Services through our websites and mobile apps, to provide (technical) support and to bill your subscription fee.
- Legal obligations: we are legally obliged to process your personal information for accounting purposes, to respond to legal requests and copyright violation requests.
- Legitimate interests: our processing of your personal information for marketing purposes is based on our legitimate interest, although some cases (such as where required by law) will be based on your consent. You have a right to prevent direct marketing of any form at any time - this can be exercised by following the opt-out link attached to each communication or by changing your notifications and communication settings at your user profile are or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We provide your personal details to third parties, only in order to operate the Site, provide our services to you, fulfil obligations imposed on us by applicable laws and regulations, and prevent fraud and illegal activities, as detailed below:
- Service providers: such as our hosting provider, user support provider, IT & software providers, our payment processors, email processors and the accountant.
- People and (social) media of your choice: you may choose to share your Content with others, such as teammates, within our Services or on (social) media like Facebook.
- Law enforcement agencies or regulators: we are obliged to share your personal information in case of a legal request. In case we run across CSAI (Child Sexual Abuse Imagery) or when we’re notified on other illegal Content, we’ll also share your personal information with law enforcement agencies.
- Business partners: we share your information with our payment providers in order to process your purchases of our services. Furthermore, we collaborate with advertising partners, marketing and communication agencies. We do this for (interest based) advertising, branding and reaching out to you. Our advertising partners implement their own tracking cookies which fall under their terms of services and privacy & cookie statement.
- Integrated services: if you decide to register and create your account at JUMBOmail using connection another service (such as your Facebook or Google account) we will connect that service with ours. In order to provide such service, we will need to share some of your personal information with that service. The terms and privacy & cookie statement of these third parties applies, at least for their part of the connection.
- JUMBOmail entities: we share personal information between entities which are part of the JUMBOmail group (JUMBOmail, JUMBOembed, JUMBOmedia, JUMBOdirect, JUMBOpicker) in order to provide our Services and for all purposes mentioned under “Why do we use your personal information?”.
We’re a global business, which means we might share or store personal information in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Those countries have different data protection laws in place. However, when we transfer and host data globally, we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place in order to ensure your personal information enjoys a similar level of protection as it would within the EEA.
Cookies and how we are using them
When you visit JUMBOmail, we use industry-wide technologies such as "cookies" (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer and which will allow us, among other things, to enable automatic sign-in to the Site, make your browsing much more convenient and effortless and allow us to test user experience and offer you personalized browsing or promotions. By continuing to use this Site, you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your computer or device in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
You can choose to block cookies on your browser settings but this may affect how well our Services work.
We place several cookies (or similar technologies, like pixels or web beacons) on your device for the purpose of facilitating your use of the Service and to find out how the Service may be improved. We or our advertising partners also place cookies on our website(s). Being a global service, these partners can vary per country. When our advertising partners place cookies, these cookies can process personal information to measure the effectiveness of the campaign.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer by your browser when you visit a website. Examples of cookie purposes are: your language preferences, logging into an account, remembering login details, serving you personalized advertisements and acceptance of the Terms of Service and Privacy & Cookie Statement.
The following is a more detailed explanation of the types of cookies we use:
- Necessary cookies are essential and help you navigate the Site. This helps to support security and basic functionality and are necessary for the proper operation of the Site, so if you block these cookies, we can't guarantee your use or the security during your visit.
- Functional cookies are used to provide functionalities when using our Service, such as the possibility to set preferences or to remember your previous settings.
- Analytical cookies are used to optimize our Service. For example, to optimize the usability of our website by AB-testing a new feature, to make the website more user-friendly and to analyze how you use our Service. We also use analytical cookies to stop bots and malicious behavior like spam.
- Performance cookies help us to understand the behavior of users of the Site. This allows us to continuously improve the Site to provide the best information in support of our project aims. These cookies are also used to help us understand how effective our Site is; for instance, these cookies tell us which pages visitors go to most often and if they get error messages from web pages. All of the information that these cookies collect is aggregated, to assist us to improve how the Site works. Some of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties' own website privacy notifications for further information. In particular, we use Google Analytics cookies to obtain an overall view of user habits and volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on the Site. Google Analytics is a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc, which uses performance cookies and targeting cookies. The information generated by these cookies about your use of the Site (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google Inc on servers in the United States.
- Advertisement cookies are used for commercial, editorial and promotional purposes. With these cookies your internet- and surf behavior can be followed over various domains and websites. JUMBOmail only checks the (one) website you visited prior to your visit to one of our websites. We do not track the website you visit after you leave our website. Advertisement cookies are often also placed by third parties to measure the effectiveness of their advertising campaigns and to follow your internet- and surf behavior over other domains and websites where they have placed a cookie. JUMBOmail does not have access to or control over personal information collected via these cookies or other features that advertisers and third parties may use. Our Privacy & Cookie Statement is therefore not applicable to these third-party cookies and we refer you to third parties’ Privacy Statements to read how they handle personal information.
- Pixel tags or web beacons are a piece of code embedded on the website that collects personal information about users' engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. The pixel also allows us to see from which previous website or channel a user arrived at our website.
Can you use JUMBOmail for private or sensitive files?
Yes, you can you use JUMBOmail for private or sensitive files. We treat your Content with respect. We don’t provide any public search function, catalogue or listing to find any UGC (User Generated Content).
Your files are available for view and download only form your account or by a unique and protected URL for of the download page. Note that every person who has your download link will be able to view and download your files. For extra security and confidentiality, you might want to use our feature to protect your files with a password (this option is available for subscribers only).
In case we receive a Notice-and-takedown/DMCA-request or when we receive a legal request, we’re obliged check for content violations and even delete your Content when we find such a violation.
We take great care in maintaining the security of the Site and your information and in preventing unauthorized access, loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures.
We make sure that personal information is only accessible by those who need access to do their job and that they are properly authorized. That means we keep logs of who has access to personal information, we limit the amount of people that have access and we make sure that personal information can only be read, copied, modified or removed by properly authorized staff. We monitor internal activity to ensure the safety and accuracy of personal information.
JUMBOmail staff is required to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the company’s guidelines regarding confidentiality, ethics, and appropriate usage of personal information. Staff is required to sign a confidentiality agreement.
During an upload, while it's stored on our servers and during a download, Content is encrypted and only sent over a secure connection (https). The servers we use to store your Content for you are GDPR compliant and secure.
However, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure, and although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How we store your personal information
We apply a general rule of keeping personal information only for as long as is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain your personal information for longer periods of time.
JUMBOmail retains your personal information as long as it's necessary to provide our Services to you (e.g. upholding your user account), to conduct our business activities and fulfill our legitimate interests, such as providing safe and secure services, to fix bugs and to reach out to you, to comply with applicable laws (e.g. retaining financial information for 7 years for tax purposes) and legal requests and to resolve (legal) disputes.
Files you transfer
When using JUMBOmail File Sharing your Content is deleted automatically after 7 days, unless you choose to save it for a long-term period of 6 months by using JUMBOcodes or if you have a subscription account and you choose to save your Content until you will remove it manually. After this period, a file is automatically deleted from our servers and cannot be retrieve. The personal information that accompanies your file share is archived so as a register user you will be able to see you file sharing history. Such personal information is only accessible to very few people within JUMBOmail, those that need it to perform their job, for example to provide you with support.
Can minors use our Services?
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 should provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children's activities. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that personal information.
Know your rights as a user
If you need more info on your personal information, please let us know. We may ask for proof of identity. If you change your mind and no longer want us to process your personal information, let us know.
You can ask JUMBOmail to:
- access, receive a copy of or correct your personal information;
- in certain cases, erase your personal information or block or restrict our use of it;
- in certain cases, send your personal information to other third parties.
You have a right to object to our use of your personal information, for instance when the legal base for processing is based on one of our legitimate interests (see subsection “Legal grounds”). If you inform us that you do not longer wish us to process your personal information or to be approached, JUMBOmail will move your personal information to a separate file. Your personal information will no longer be used for the above-mentioned purposes, unless our legitimate interest, for example safety & security, outweighs your right to objection. You can request this via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state clearly that your request concerns a privacy matter and more specifically that you exercise your right to object.
If you think we have infringed your privacy rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority for data protection.
When you’ve provided your consent for us to process your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing activities based on consent before its withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process the personal information which we’ve received based on your consent.
How to contact JUMBOmail
Our support team is available via email@example.com. If you have any questions, please email us in English, to make sure we can help you in the best way. If you have questions about the way JUMBOmail processes your personal information or the personal information JUMBOmail stores about you, please contact JUMBOmail by sending an email with your question to firstname.lastname@example.org. We speak English and Hebrew.
Revisions to the Privacy & Cookie Statement
Note that JUMBOmail may revise this Privacy & Cookie Statement from time to time. If you do not agree with the Privacy & Cookie Statement, you should not or no longer access or use the website and/or service. By continuing to use the website and/or service you accept any changes made to the Privacy & Cookie Statement.